Value our Health Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement describes the privacy policies that govern the Value our Health website in order to protect the interests of our visitors. By visiting our website and providing your information, you agree to the terms of this Statement.
Types of Information We Collect
The Value our Health website currently collects information about you in the following ways:
· Event registration forms. Typically, this may include First Name, Last Name, Nickname, Title, Company, Telephone, Email, and Business Address.
· Information sent by your device or browser when you visit our website. When you visit a website, including the Value our Health website, your browser automatically sends certain information such as browser type, language preference, operating system, internet service provider, internet protocol (IP) address, device identification number, geo-location data, and online browsing data (such as date and time of access to our website, referring website address, pages viewed, features used, links clicked, and other actions you take in connection with the website, sometimes referred to as “clickstream data”).
· Information from our tracking tools. When you visit our website, automated collection tools such as “cookies” and “web beacons” may gather information about your visit and your computer.
o A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer that lets us know whether you have visited the website before and your navigation experience during your visit. Cookies may be used to facilitate your access to our website, enhance and personalize your online experience, and recognize your computer or your device.
o Web beacons are small graphics placed on our website and in email communications that are used to measure the effectiveness of our website and email communications. Web beacons on our website collect information about your visit, like the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the website. Web beacons in our emails track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, forward, or click a link in an email message from us.
· We also use other third-party analytics services to analyze how a visitor uses the website or interacts with the content we provide.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect About You?
We use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
· To customize our communications with you.
· For administrative purposes, such as to assist you with registration, obtain information about Value our Health-related events, and respond to inquiries from you.
· We may change the way we use information about you, in which case we will update this Privacy Statement.
With Whom Do We Share Information About You?
We may share information about you in the following ways:
· With third parties that perform services on our behalf, including running our websites, sending communications for us, and executing events. These third parties are contractually restricted from using or disclosing your information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
· With third parties, such as law enforcement or regulatory authorities, when required by law or legal process, to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation or suspected or actual criminal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer information about you if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our organization or assets. Should such sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use your information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement.
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to delete existing cookies. For more information on deleting or controlling cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
What are Your California Privacy Rights?
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email or call us at the phone number provided below. Indicate in your letter that you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” inquiry.
How Is Your Information Secured?
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of your information. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. Please be aware though that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
What About Links to Third Party Sites?
The Value our Health website may provide links to third-party websites. These websites operate independently from the Value our Health website and may have their own privacy statements in place, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not operated by or on behalf of Value our Health, we are not responsible for their content or your use of the websites.
How Will You Know If This Privacy Statement Changes?
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically and will be posted on our website, indicating when it was last updated. If there are material changes to our Privacy Statement, we will post a prominent notice on our websites and/or provide other notice as required by law.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
We will only process your information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reason(s) we collected and need to use your personal information. The different legal bases we rely on are:
· Consent: Where you have told us you are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose, such as when you request that we contact you with information about our website.
· Legitimate interests: Where the processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where your interests are overridden by your rights or interests. This may include processing to inform you of changes to our website.
· Legal claims or obligations: Where we are required to process your personal information by law.
Transfers of Personal Information
This website is published in the United States. If you are located within the European Union, you should be aware that when you access the website and provide your personal information, you are transferring your data to the United States where it is being collected and processed. We will take steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is subject to appropriate safeguards and that it is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
· To be provided with a copy of your personal information held by us:
· To request the rectification or erasure of your personal information held by us;
· To request that we restrict the processing of your personal information (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
· To object to the further processing of your personal information, including the right to object to communications;
· To request that your provided personal information be moved to a third party.
Your right to withdraw consent
Where the processing of your personal information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us as set forth in the Contact Us section. Such withdrawal will not affect the processing of your personal data prior to the withdrawal.