ICER Action Center
ICER’s Assessments Contain Alarming Flaws:
Comment Letters on ICER’s 2020 Value Assessment Framework
ICER Announces Possible 2020 Assessments
ICER’s possible 202 assessments include drugs to treat cystic fibrosis, breast cancer, multiple sclerosis, and HIV. Click here to see the list of possible assessments.
ICER Studies: Cardiovascular Disease, SMA, Depression, MS, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Peanut Allergy
The Institute for Clinical Economic Review (ICER) conducts cost effectiveness studies for insurers using the cost-per-QALY methodology. ICER provides guidance on its website for patients and patient advocates to provide direct input related to their experiences with the disease.
- Arthritis: Open Input Period through 4/8/2019. Meeting 10/31/2019: CTAF to an update to its 2017 rheumatoid arthritis assessment
- Cardiovascular Disease: 4/15/2019: Revised scoping document. 9/26/2019 Meeting: Midwest CEPAC to deliberate and vote on ICER’s report on evidence presented in ICER’s report on additive CVD therapies.
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy: Final Evidence Report and Meeting Summary available.
- Depression: Comment period on Draft Evidence Report OPEN through 4/17/2019. Meeting 5/23/2019: Midwest CEPAC to review evidence on esketamine as a therapy for treatment-resistant depression.
- Multiple Sclerosis: Public Comments OPEN through April 10, 2019 on the Draft Analysis Report. Meeting 5/23/2019: Midwest CEPAC to review ICER’s assessment of siponimod (Novartis) for secondary progressive multiple sclerosis.
- Peanut Allergy: Draft Evidence Report: 4/9/2019. Meeting 6/11/2019: CTAF to review ICER’s assessment of treatments for peanut allergy.
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: Research protocol available. Meeting 7/25/2019: New England CEPAC to deliberate and vote on evidence presented in ICER’s report on treatments for Duchenne muscular dystrophy.